Man, Sony's been killin' it with these sales... (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 14:25 (2504 days ago)

First things first; if you grabbed Titanfall 2 for cheap recently, yet another bit of content has dropped today. A couple of free maps, an execution, and a significant Destiny-inspired change that lets you carry three weapons into battle. As always, a fantastic and mostly-true-to-what-happens-in-the-game trailer has dropped. Don't have the game? Watch the trailer anyway, they're crazy fun.

Anyway, on to the sales. There are... quite a bit of PS4 games on sale over on PSN (243, to be exact). Here are just a few highlights...

Shadow of Mordor: GOTY ($3.99):
$4 for one of the best games of 2015 and all of the DLC? Heck, I'm probably going to re-buy it just to snag some of the DLC bits that I didn't buy the first time around... I've told you all why it's great, and like I said, games are already copying the Nemesis system. And did I mention how incredible the sequel looks?

Ratchet & Clank ($7.99):
Before we get their fantastic-looking Spiderman game later this year, you can check out Insomniac's remake of the first Ratchet & Clank. Remake is a bit of a loose term, since they completely remade the game from scratch, making some drastic changes to the original in order to keep up with the times. And it's an effort that paid off, so give this game a go!

Mad Max ($7.99):
A sleeper hit when it launched, Mad Max checks off all of the standard open-world RPG boxes, but throws in car combat, a vast wasteland (full of personality), and the fact that you build your car up from a junker to a vehicle befitting a Road Warrior. Oh, and the Photo Mode is great, and any game that has a photo mode deserves love.

How to Survive 2 ($3.74):
If you picked up the first How to Survive when it was free, you probably saw a bit of potential in the Isometric survival game. The sequel delivers on a lot of that promise: 4-player online/local co-op, base building, More depth to the crafting and RPG elements, and more forgiving (if a bit shallower) gameplay. It's no State of Decay, but as far as co-op survival games go, you can put a bit of time into this one before Fortnite drops next month.

Typoman ($5.19):
A puzzle/platforming game inspired by Limbo, but not as dumbed down as Inside? It's got a pretty great concept (puzzles revolve around word-crafting and manipulation), and though it's short, there's a constant feeling of satisfaction that you get throughout. A nice game to play over an afternoon or with someone watching.

ADR1FT (2.99):
A hybrid survival/walking simulator... with no walking involved, since you're in space. Still, this game is a walking simulator through and through, so you know you're in for some solid voice acting and an interesting story, but you'll have to watch your oxygen levels throughout, so the relaxing aspect of this genre is thrown out the airlock...
No PSVR support, but the devs do want to add it at some point down the road.

If you're wondering why I didn't post any Xbox deals, I did go check them out, but they're all pretty garbage... I do like Styx, but I've seen it at much better prices, so don't bother.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread