So Mad Max is really cool... *Not 100% OT* (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, July 03, 2017, 16:14 (2498 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I played about 20 hours or so before I put it down. I really enjoyed it--something else came up I think. Maybe I'll get back to it sometime. It's worth playing, even if only to experience a huge dust storm rolling in.

I tried driving a stolen armored car through a darude (in first-person even!), and it got wrecked by debris and electrical bolts fairly quickly. I jumped out in time to get sent rolling by a piece of the debris, and ran to a nearby rock outcropping to put something between me and the storm... and it totally works! You hear the noise of the storm shift if you've got something sturdy between you and the wind, so the only threat is the lightning. Once the storm was over, I saw that a large crate (called a Motherloot) had landed near me. I opened it up, and got 300+ Salvage out of it.
If you put a ceiling between you and the storm, you're safer from the lightning (though metals near you still conduct), but not from debris if you don't have a wall as well. It's a neat little touch!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread