Except for Markers (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Monday, July 24, 2017, 14:50 (2466 days ago) @ Cody Miller

WHY DO LOST SECTORS HAVE MARKERS?!

Wow, this is a huge mistake. They should not be marked at all. It's way cooler to actually EXPLORE and find something, than follow a marker. These just got way less cooler knowing there's indicators for them.

You're talking about the painted marker right?

I'm not ok with having waypoints/hud markers leading right to where something is. But I DO like having something that, with exploration, I can make the decision to explore a little harder. If there was no indication whatsoever that I'm close to finding something, I'm likely to end up looking up 50% of them and find no value in looking for them.

I'm just not a fan of playing needle in a haystack. Now if Lost Sectors are as prolific as Shrines in BOTW, then yeah, I'll turn off anything leading me to a Lost Sector and I'll get lost in the exploration for it. I found 107 of the shrines in BOTW just playing the game and exploring, at that point I turned on the shrine sensor (an obnoxious item that beeps when you're close to a shrine). At 111 I just looked up the last 9 as it was becoming frustrating combing the whole of the map after having combed the whole thing a few times sans sensor.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread