ಠ_ಠ (DBO)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, August 24, 2017, 23:15 (2435 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I admit, I not being a Mac user,-resists urge to make a Mac joke-, I have never heard of Chalkboard SE, or if I ever have, completely forgot about it due to it's highly rare use case, much like Comic Sans should have been. That's fine. Prehapts I am simply todays lucky 10,000.

That said, while it might not be Comic Sans, you still choose a font with highly similar characteristics. It has the same casual (to the point of childlike), sans-serif, non-connecting, off angled, rounded, script appearance which blatantly denotes it's highly informal intent. That means designs related to comic books or cartoons, not posters calling out to SAVE OUR BELOVED WU-FATHER! You have so many sans-serif options! Like the always excellent Helvetica, or Futura, or Optima! Shoot if you wanted to keep the look for some reason, you could have gone with the Slab-serif typeface Courier! Not as rounded, but far more professional. I wouldn't recommend Courier for this, but it's an option!

So yes, technically by name alone, plus some very subtle differences which I actually did see and did a quick check on before I posted, it is not comic sans. If I see a snake that looks venomous I'll call it out all the same. In the end I have no regrets. It's not my design.

I wasn't the one who chose the font that looks highly similar to comic sans. ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Your point deduction stands. X2 for struggling.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread