I did. (Gaming)

by Funkmon @, Friday, September 01, 2017, 20:31 (2459 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I think Deck Nine is trying very hard to portray the world from Chloe's perspective, even undoing, or undermining, some of the stuff Don't Nod tried to do. David is such an asshole in this game that any self respecting mother would punch him in the throat if she saw how he treated Chloe, despite only knowing her a short time. This goes against what Don't Nod was going for, that he was a strict guy who was trying his best but has some massive character flaws. David was literally the hero in the last game.

Now, Frank is cool, David is a butt, Max is an asshole, Principal Wells is the head of a high school Gestapo, and so on. I am not sure if they're knowingly doing this, so we can identify more with Chloe, or if they totally missed the story that was being attempted last game.

I do sympathize with Max. She's not good at keeping in contact; look at her messages to her parents. I've been Max before. To me, there is zero difference between seeing someone after years and years and not talking, and I don't need to talk to the people. Like Max. And, at some point, if you realize you've been ignoring someone for long enough, and his/her message is recent enough, you just have to keep it up. Honestly, I blame Chloe for taking it so personally. She should have known how Max worked by then.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread