"Blind" (Fireteam Builder Events)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Tuesday, September 05, 2017, 08:31 (2396 days ago) @ bluerunner

I could fuck off

Words bluerunner never uses.

No, you're right. You certainly used much nicer words to let me know that you had strung me along telling me that we were running blind until the last possible second, but if I didn't want the answers handed to me, that I was welcome to try and find five more people who wanted to try to run a blind raid that night. Good luck!

Schedules and blind raids are very hard to arrange. That one didn't go very well and everybody, including me, was frustrated in how long it was taking to complete it.

What? Blind raiding is difficult? I'm sorry, man. It never dawned on me that getting six people through several hours of the most challenging content in the game would turn out to be difficult. You're right, man. You are totally justified in screwing over half of your team so you could just get it done.

You had the choice to stick to the plan to do it blind, or take the easy way out.

You had the choice to inform your team that you were changing plans, or leave us hanging on raid day.

You made the choices that worked best for you.

I'm not sure why you're being bitter at me 2 years later though.

Why am I still bitter? Because when I finally found four more people willing to go in blind, our 6th's idea of "letting us figure it out for ourselves" was asking us questions with binary answers and telling us whether we were right or wrong. I'm bitter because I missed out on figuring out one of the most unique mechanics in any of the raids because you wanted to make sure you had your 6 people at start time instead of giving the few of us who still wanted to finish blind even a few hours to find a new team. I'm bitter because every raid since, I've had to be overly cautious about who I'm pulling into that first raid because, of all of the people I would have expected to screw over their team to score an easy win, you were pretty much at the bottom of the list.

I'm not just bitter at you for an event from two years ago. I'm now bitter at everyone I interact with leading up to every major event that requires that I trust more than one person in this game, and I get to stay bitter from the time the planning starts until the first time that final boss falls, because if you're capable of pulling that shit with your team, then everyone is.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread