*SP* Raid Exploration: The Labyrinth (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Thursday, September 14, 2017, 00:41 (2409 days ago)

SPOILER WARNING: This post contains descriptions and videos about exploring the Leviathan Raid! If you don't want to know about this stuff yet, then go back!

Also, we haven't looked at Reddit, or any other place online, so I'm sure this is old news by now. But here it is anyway.

-----

Okay, first things first: THIS IS AAMAAAZING! We've only scratched the surface here, but I am utterly blown away by what we found tonight and I cannot wait to get back in and explore some more! The amount of work and detail that Bungie put into this area really is outstanding.

Our fireteam (Xenos, breitzen, Ragashingo, Speedracer, MacAddictVII, and myself) started the raid tonight and we progressed into the Garden encounter before calling it quits for the night. At the end of the first encounter, we all received a "Drain Key" that we didn't know what to do with, and the weekly Challenge was to open three chests in The Labyrinth ("the underbelly of the Leviathan").

Now, when you first drop into the raid, down below the landing zone are a series of six switches on pipes. When you throw the first switch on the left, a bell chimes throughout the ship, but other than that we couldn't make heads or tails of it, so we started the raid continued as normal.

After we finished for the night, Xenos, Ragashingo, and I were dorking around out front, exploring the starting area, and Xenos apparently triggered the six switches just so (read: accidentally), because we heard the bell chime again and a message appeared saying that "The way is open" (or something close to that – I wasn't recording at the time, so I can't check). After poking around for a minute, I found that a wall near the mancannons had opened up, and we could explore into The Labyrinth!!

Here's the video log of our first foray into the underbelly of the Leviathan. We do lots of stupid stuff, but this is pretty freaking cool:

So here's the rub… we can't get back in because we have no idea what Xenos did with the switches. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread