No mention of Redeem's use of Wardcliff Coil glitch (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, October 20, 2017, 07:37 (2389 days ago) @ TheeChaos

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-19-destiny-2-prestige-raid-world-first-awarded-to-team-which-used-glitch

The first team to complete the prestigious raid used the Wardcliff coil infinite ammo glitch (probably not the only group). I guess Bungie did not want to bring this up and "stir the pot" anymore since they are on everyone's chopping block for their dislike of the game. I understand that this was not the glitch they implemented the check for, but that does not make it a "Worlds First" valid completion of the raid IMO.

=P

Fortunately, only the neckest of beards care, and there was nothing at stake other than getting to say that you did something in a game slightly sooner than someone else.

If something tangible was up for grabs, I'm sure that Bungie would have laid some serious ground rules about what could or couldn't be done (including an explicit "No glitches, period" rule), and yeah, people could then start to criticize the clan's actions, but as it is, it was just a fun little challenge for people. There's folks out there still blind-raiding, you know.

Bungie did acknowledge the complaints elsewhere, though and listed the first three so that you could pick the one that you assume didn't "cheat", and lob meaningless praise their way, for whatever it's worth to ya.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread