Not sorry. :) (Fireteam Builder Events)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, November 07, 2017, 21:38 (2354 days ago) @ Korny

I'm loving it.

The snowy mountain and forest aesthetic was my favorite in the base game, and this area is absolutely gorgeous. I seriously can't get over how cool the snow is. Coming into a pristine clearing full of snow and then fighting a big machine or a group of scrappers and seeing all the tracks cut through the snow afterwards is really, really cool. And the blizzards that completely destroy any visibility--the weather effects in this game are the best I've ever seen.

Also, seriously, the new machines are a real challenge, and extremely fun. The Scorcher is a real doozy. They definitely expect you to be leveled up and good in combat, and they're not shy about throwing multiple big enemies at you at once, sometimes even with a bunch of smaller support machines running around, too. I did an encounter with a pair of Glinthawks and like ten scrappers running around, and that was a pretty crazy fight.

I'm not super impressed with the "main" story of the expansion, so far. It seems to basically just be the main story of the main game on a smaller scale--rouge AI thing takes over another AI and corrupts the machines. I'm not sure what I expected, and I'm still early, so it could change and get more compelling. Seeing the Banuk culture is the real selling point for me, though, so I'm not too bothered by it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread