Sorry. ): (Fireteam Builder Events)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, November 08, 2017, 11:04 (2352 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah it really is awesome.

Making snow angels is pretty cool too. (:

I’m left wondering how dynamic the snow and weather stuff is. I did a big fight last night, and then I walked away from my console for a few minutes. When I cane back, all the tracks we had cut through the snow had filled back in. Just a timer reset, I assume, rather than some sort of dynamic real accumulation?

I’m also thinking if the first Scorcher fight, which happens on that pool that’s frozen over. The Scorcher’s fire attacks had melted it until I was standing in waist deep water by the end. Is that a scripted thing just for that initial fight, or can it happen elsewhere?

I noticed that doing snow angels on a different frozen pool seemed to melt the ice somewhat (not entirely sure, though it does leave an observable mark on the ice by her hands), so I'm leaning on the side of it being a dynamic thing, especially after another little detail that I caught. I went up to the dam, and noticed that the guard rails closest to the campfire by the entrance don't have snow/frost on them, but the ones a bit further away from the fire do.

I'm reminded by some of the praise that was given to Uncharted 4, where someone pointed out that we've reached a point where the amazing little details that we would only ever see on tech demo presentations are actually finding their way into the game:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread