Not that I'm gonna start playing, but... (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Tuesday, November 28, 2017, 10:44 (2340 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah, not picking up another shooter right now, don't feel like I've got the time for it, but I have a real question that's surfaced each time someone talks about Fortnite (or PubG) that I'm too lazy to google:

These are games that have lots of people at the start, that get pared down to a single winner over time, right?

So what happens to people who are eliminated early? Do they sit in the game, dead, watching what's going on? Are they booted immediately upon death to find another game? Do they get to choose?

I've always disliked Survival mode variants of games I've played (I'm thinking about Halo and Destiny, specifically) because I'm invariably one of the early deaths, and the game is super-boring if I'm just watching other people play. If Fortnite and PubG are like this, I'll feel much less bad about not ever picking either one up. :)

You are eliminated and just leave the game. You can't even watch the rest of the game. at least in PUBG you can play on teams, which means your teammate can resurrect you in a time limit before you bleed out. If you still die you can watch the game in the perspective of your teammate (so that you don't have additional information to relay to him)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread