Golem Impressions (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, December 10, 2017, 06:34 (2321 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Movement is slow, yet I don’t feel like there is a lot of ability to examine and interact with the environment. The room you are in to start is pretty detailed, but you can’t really interact with it in any way. Look but don’t touch. Even when you get he sword, everything locked down. You can’t smash or move anything, and he city environment felt pretty bare. With the pace of the game being more chill, it’s off putting that the environment isn’t more exploitable. Even something as simple as being able to pick up and examine things such as in gone home would help a lot.

That’s a bummer. In my (albeit limited) experience, that’s a huge immersion breaker. If I can see it, I need to be able to interact with it, even if it serves no purpose. It feels bad to walk over to a desk and pick up the one object you can actually interact with while everything else is glued to the table. Having less objects in lower detail feels way better and more real than having lots of highly detailed objects that don’t react to me.

Not a deal breaker by any means, but it’s one of those small things that almost immediately pulls me out of the experience.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread