I played the demo and I liked it (Gaming)

by Kahzgul, Sunday, December 10, 2017, 17:15 (2328 days ago) @ CyberKN

Golem is pretty cool. It's a little hand-holdy, but I expect that from what are, essentially, intro and tutorial levels. The overarching mechanic and play control is really fun, and I tried to stab an enemy golem in the nuts, which was entertaining to me, if not to anyone else who may have wandered past and wondered what I was waggling my sword at.

Having even a small degree of personal expression in the way you move through the world is pretty neat, and the mechanics of deflecting incoming spears while you charge a squad of undead was really fun. There was also one very big enemy (twice as big as the player, at least), which makes me curious about the actual scale of the final game - there's a lot of potential there.

It wasn't my favorite game of the PS Experience show (Persistence... holy god that's a fun one) or the prettiest (Detroit is amazing), but it sounded great, played well, and made good use of the VR system.

Will I be playing anytime soon? No, because I can't afford the VR setup. But if I already had VR, I'd certainly be grabbing golem when it comes out (that is now a filthy metaphor, filed away in my brain for future use).

Oh yeah, and it sounded awesome. Also: Marty is a really nice guy; it was cool to meet him after all these years.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread