+1 (Gaming)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Sunday, December 10, 2017, 17:59 (2300 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Not only do I fully agree with cody here, but I FULLY agree with Cody: Only Persistence, Gran Turismo, and Golem made good use of the VR setup. For true racing enthusiasts, the VR is going to be a must-have. Persistence was my "best in show" game and I had a hell of a fun time playing and also messing with Cody while he played (you can use your phone or tablet to open doors, freeze zombies, and otherwise confuse, confound, and eventually kill or help the player in the VR game). And Golem was just a good solid game that made sense as a VR game and I can't really imagine it not being VR (even the great Persistence could be super fun without VR, possibly more so as you can talk to your friends as they fuck with you in-game).

I also played Farpoint Versus VR and it was kind of awful. My gun kept rotating away from true directional aim, which ruined the whole thing, and movement was funky. Great idea but just not there, yet.

Also, All VR headsets ever made need googly eyes on them. There should be a law mandating them.

DoomVFR was unplayably bad. The guy asked me how I liked it after I was done, and I told him it controlled so horribly that it was awful. Every station but one had move controllers. 20 mins after I said that they all had DualShock 4s instead.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread