Raid Lair Encounter #1 Strategy *SPOILERS* (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, December 13, 2017, 06:36 (2480 days ago)

My blind team attempted the raid last night so I thought I'd post our strategy for the first encounter since we completed it. Please do not post anything about encounters beyond the first one since we haven't yet completed the second one and I want to keep that experience as blind as possible. Once we've completed the second encounter I'll post our strategy for that one.

There are 5 parts to the first encounter. 4 jumping sections and 1 easy fight at the end. In the jumping sections, you cannot have more than one person on the same platform without causing all platforms to drop (with some delay, though I'm guessing that delay will be gone in the prestige mode version). If at least one player makes it to the "rest area" after a section, then waiting just a bit will bring up all the platforms for the remaining players to trivially jump across.

For the first section we just used "follow the leader" where you only jump to the next platform when the person in front of you has jumped away from their platform.

The second section works this way as well, but you have to split the group into two lines.

I don't actually remember how we finished the third section, but I think you should have the last person start jumping when the split at the back occurs and have half the line follow the split and the other half continue forward.

For the final jumping section we just reverted to our simple "follow the leader" rule. There are some longer jumps where you jump over someone else but just a little bit of care to avoid running into one another seemed sufficient.

We found it important to take 1 or 2 shots per player at the adds when they spawn to avoid anyone being sniped, but you can't delay too long or the back of the line might start falling into the water.

We didn't do anything special during the fight at the end - just shoot everything until it's all dead.

Anything we missed? Refinements that worked better for your team? Did you do something completely different?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread