Fun watch! (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 09:52 (2317 days ago) @ Korny

While I didn't learn a whole lot that they haven't already discussed elsewhere, it was great to see early builds of the game, and hear about some of the discarded ideas (honestly , a super complex Thunderjaw would have made for an awesome boss battle, especially after The Frozen Wilds established that Hephaestus is working on bigger and badder combat-based machines now).

There's always hope for the sequel. I would love to see more complex machines with a more puzzle-like element involved in figuring out how to take them down. That was part of what made combat so compelling for me on the first playthrough--encountering new machines and figuring out how they worked, what their weaknesses were, etc. But even as good as it was, it did become a little rote by the end. It all could boil down to "blow off the armor with tearblast arrows, expose the weak point, use whatever elemental damage type it's weak to." I'm not sure how you could make it much better than it was without adding a lot of possibly needless complexity, but I'd sure like to see them try to take that concept further.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread