PSA: The Dawning 'schematics' Exploit (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 10:05 (2472 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Yeah, I gave a Ghaul stress toy to Zavala last night. I wish they had bothered to actually create these gifts, even if they were only icons and not in game models.

Which, in my opinion, this is how an event like dawning should run. Items are fun but, just like the story of the dawning, sometimes we need to just step back from the game and just have fun in senseless game play and story.

I actually think it's pretty well designed, as an event. So many people are bitching about how it's just quests to go kill things and collect materials. Sure, that's what it is. But, more importantly, it's a way to get players out onto the different Destinations, populating those worlds. That's the real goal, I think. I'm sure there are tons of players that just do whatever the quests steps are and then move on, but as I've been doing those steps, I've actually just been hanging out on those planets, doing the Public Events, taking down VIPs, doing some adventures and Lost Sectors.

I let the quests determine my Destination, but I just dick around on that Destination until the quest step is done, rather than laser focus on getting it done.

Same here. It has also brought me together with other people. When they are doing quests I just tag along and either help them or just goof around on that destination. It's quite liberating even though people are calling it "grinding"

I actually laughed to myself when I was doing loops in the EDZ trying to get the dang Dusklight crystals (yes, I saw the glitch post, but too late) and I was having a good time but I remembered that this is exactly like what D1 was.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread