PSA: The Dawning 'schematics' Exploit (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Thursday, December 21, 2017, 12:51 (2472 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Yeah, I gave a Ghaul stress toy to Zavala last night. I wish they had bothered to actually create these gifts, even if they were only icons and not in game models.

I have no idea what anyone is talking about! I feel so lost right now. Sparrows have abilities, crazy dialogue, giving gifts. How am I missing so much stuff!!?!?

The Dawning started on Tuesday. Got pick up a gift package from the pile of presents near Ikora. You’ll get a quest (in the ghost slot on the character screen). They consist of two steps, usually kill enemies and collect resources. Once you’re done, it turns into a gift that you take an NPC. The description is usually something cute.

I've done two quests. I received a Dawning sword and something else I don't even remember because I immediately sharded it. Maybe I just haven't been given a re-gift yet.

You can do one of these every day, on every character. If you open up your map while in the tower, you'll see a blue flag near Ikora if your character hasn't done one for the day yet. Go to her, turn left, pick up a schematic. Follow the instructions on it.

I've done this. The first one I had to kill 30 thrall and collect 10 data lattice. I don't remember what this prize was but I'm pretty sure it was gear. The second one was to kill 50 enemies on Nessus and 3 blue alkane spores. It gave me a sword. I think they were from Ikora and Hawthorne, respectively. I reckon some rewards are gear and some are gifts for others?

Here's another thing I'm dumb with. The icons for Crucible tokens, crucible boons and crucible gifts. I'm getting them so mixed up and the icons are so similar.

aaagghh...this game. So much to keep up with. Just put a gun in my hand, point me in the direction of bad guys and I'll be happy.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread