Claude and Kermit (DBO)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, December 27, 2017, 15:34 (2283 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

Man, Destiny 1 PvP was so much more fun at launch than it was later on. I really feel like almost every patch, DLC, etc since then has moved away from the fun of the original game.

I’m... not sure if I agree with this or not. I do think D1 Y1 PvP was the time when my fondest crucible memories were made. But I also found the vast majority of my PvP time to be frustrating back then. I feel like we may have lost the highest highs, but there are far fewer lows as well.

For me, the real weakness to Destiny PvP is that Destiny’s core shooter mechanics just aren’t that great on the PvP side. We all know that the game feels beautiful and smooth, but the way the various guns and movement and abilities interact with each other just doesn’t add up to a particularly great PvP game. And now that much of the “batshit craziness” that defined Year 1 has been removed, the somewhat pedestrian core combat is more noticeable.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread