The lag is weird (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Tuesday, January 02, 2018, 09:31 (2358 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Yea I don't have input lag normally. And it's clearly the WHOLE system, not just input. The graphics stop updating, and I know I am going to be dead in .5 seconds.

It sounds almost like it's working on loading something. Like you actually HAVE died at the beginning of that pause, and it just bogs down for some reason when trying to show that on screen.

My first instinct is to ask whether you've tried switching your Destiny 2 content from the internal hard drive to an external (or from the external to internal/a different external), in the case that the drive it's on now is just slow. But that doesn't seem completely right either - I mean, why would it need to load from disk on every death? I could see having to do that maybe the first time (per session), but I wouldn't expect it on subsequent deaths.

Maybe remove and reinstall Destiny 2? Seems a bit extreme, but maybe worthwhile depending on how annoying the issue is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread