Kinect is dead. (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Saturday, January 06, 2018, 07:46 (2354 days ago) @ Vortech

Yeah. right after I got my BBONX for Christmas I found out the Kinect won't fit so I went to the Microsoft store to buy the adapter already kinda bugged I have to pay money to make my new super expensive for a console toy work. the the MS guy met me at the door of the store, and just said, "yeah we don't have that anymore. You can try to boy one on eBay but you'll probably get scammed out of hundreds of dollars." "you mean you don;t have it here or Microsoft stopped making it?" "They don't make it anymore." Didn't;t the Xbox X come out just a few weeks ago?" He shrugged.

I'm disappointed. I like the voice commands like other people, but also face-detect logins are useful for multi-person homes.

Yep. I don't get why they stopped making the adapter. I bet that'll cost them at least a few XboneX sales.I went several weeks where I thought it was broken (the connections weren't properly seated) and I didn't realize how much I would miss the automatic sign in. I mainly use it to switch apps now. Once you get used to it, it feels so tedious not to have it. At it's peak functionality (and when they had it integrated with the Netflix UI) I could queue up an episode of Futurama as I sat down for dinner.

Sometimes I think companies should ignore the haters and stay true to their vision.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread