Sounds like alot of RPGs I play.. (Gaming)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, January 10, 2018, 16:01 (2298 days ago) @ TheeChaos

or Maybe I am not understanding =P

The Witcher 3 has a similar quest thing. You can be on any quest doing anything then pick up another quest and it just stays with you. You can progress it without it being your active quest as well. Essentially all Quests are active always, but they are only tracked.

Or did I misunderstand?

That sounds more or less like what I’m talking about. I rarely play any true RPGs... mostly open world/action/rpg hybrids. Every game I’ve played has a more structured kind of quest system where you start a quest, and then that is your mission until you abandon it or complete it (and if you abandon it, you need to restart it from the beginning later on). I’ve seen plenty of games break up quests into multiple steps, which basically turns into a series of smaller missions, so you can complete 1 mission, then go do a part of a different quest, then go back and start the next step of the previous quest. But I haven’t come across a game where all quests are active all the time and you can seamlessly complete steps of several different quests all on the fly. It’s cool, I like it :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread