Cool open-world mechanic in AC Origins (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 11, 2018, 06:42 (2297 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I could be wrong, but I don’t think we’re talking about the exact same thing. I need to double check, but if I remember correctly, those characters who give side quests literally don’t appear if you are mid-mission doing another quest. The quests in Horizon are very segmented. You talk to someone who gives you an objective, you go to an area to activate the objective, then you complete the objective, then the quest ends OR they tell you where to go to activate the next portion of the quest. While traveling to the point where you activate an objective, you can certainly run into NPCs who give out side quests. But once you activate an objective, I’m pretty sure you’re locked in to completing it, or quitting it. You can’t just walk away from it, leaving it suspended where it is, start a new quest, do a bunch of other stuff, then walk back and continue literally right where you left off. Am I wrong about that?

I think you are, but it’s been long enough since I’ve played that I could be wrong too. I feel like I always had a quest activated (because I always had the waypoints that you can’t get rid of, even if the HUD is completely off). A lot of the main quests take you to secluded areas with no NPCs, so you’re likely to just complete a whole string of objectives, but you’re not locked into doing so. The exception being when you go into some of the bunkers or whatever that only have one path through where you can just turn around and leave.

We need Korny to weigh in, he’s the Horizon expert around here.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread