The HBO Mountain Bash *IMGs* *TSD* (DBO)

by Schooly D, TSD Gaming Condo, TX, Tuesday, September 10, 2013, 22:41 (3879 days ago)

Cross-posted from here: http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1186952

What is there to say that hasn't already been said?

[image]

TL;DR:
- The 2nd HBO Mountain Bash will be happening again
- It's a get-together of HBO and DBOers to chill in a cabin and do winter-y things
- It was a (row)boatload of fun last year and you should be sad you didn't go
- January 17-20 (MLK weekend), 2014
- Around Park City, UT (fly into Salt Lake City Airport)
- If you're interested, email schoolyd@teamschoolyd.org (no commitment required yet)

The HBO Mountain Bash is a gathering of attractive and successful HBOers (now including DBOers too!) in a snowy locale for food, fun, video games, winter sports, and Shrek 2. We have only done this once before... and it was badass.

2013 write-ups: Bryan Newman, Tex, Avateur/Znite

Here's a brief recap of only a fraction of the activities from last year:
- snowboarding/skiing
- Shrek 2
- stealth recording of the upcoming TV series Hangin' with KP
- snow fort building
- sledding
- dogsitting
- snowmob- er, chess
- Taco Time
- beer
- steak
- enchiladas
- Secret Santa
- Halo
- Sonic Racing
- hot tubbing
- short cutting
- a good, solid 30 minutes of laughing at people who didn't go

-----

THE CABIN

This is the cabin we're aiming for.

Total cabin cost for 3 nights: $2753 (includes cleaning and taxes)
If 15 people go: $184 per person ($61/night)

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]

Looks pretty sweet, huh? You could get real comfy in there. Also check out that moose.

-----

Caveat: This thing can get expensive. You should be ready to spend $225-ish for your share of the cabin, plus a few bucks for food and skiing/boarding equipment (if you choose to hit the slopes -- most people stayed behind last time).

I will be living in the Seattle area, and will be driving down to Salt Lake for the bash. If you're on the way and can't/don't want to buy a plane ticket, you might have a considerably cheaper ground-based option in me. Let me know if that's the case.

If you are interested in attending, email me at schoolyd@teamschoolyd.org. I understand that few people can commit right now, but if you'd like to be a part of the discussion, hit me up. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, except for the people who went last time. For them it's a twice in a lifetime opportunity. Unless there's one next year and they're planning on going to that also. In which case they're a straight up baller and command your respect.

If you're interested in going: There will be one afternoon/evening when a collection of brave bombers go out to the slopes for skiing/snowboarding. Let me know whether you're planning on going to the slopes (Team Sanic) or staying in the cabin (Team Comfy). Choose wisely; your allegiance will determine which hoodie you get.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread