Playthrough (Gaming)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Thursday, February 01, 2018, 20:30 (2273 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You mentioned the use of savestates. I'm guessing you probably had such a hard time because of emulator latency. On a real genesis, it's responsive to your controls for tight shots.

Aw man, in hindsight that makes so much sense...on the Genesis version I never remembered having too much trouble--there were times I screwed up of course, but I was pretty damn accurate back then! I do remember getting all three barrel blasts in a row, and then shooting right back up there for the shortcut. Heh--one thing I forgot to mention in the OP: I never finished the Genesis version because I had never owned a copy for myself. It was always at a friend's house or a daycare, or some other place with video games, which is why The Machine always kicked my butt.

Playing the emulator on the UGC was really tough, because there were moments where Sonic would just phase right through the flipper IF I swung it on his approach. So I always had to keep it down and try to let him land gently! No wonder things were so difficult! And that Showdown with Robotnik! Ev. Er. Ree. Damn. Time! I sent Sonic on that loop to hit him, the hit would never connect on the glass! Two, three, four loops where nothing hits and by that time, it's too late! Socks and claws. >:-(

Now that you've told me this, I can't help but wonder if the Showdown is easier on the Genesis.

Downloading your video now!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread