Insert "you have much to learn" insult here (Destiny)

by Grizzlei ⌂ @, Pacific Cloud Zone, Earth, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 17:19 (3877 days ago) @ bluerunner
edited by Grizzlei, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 17:23

The American frontier was officially closed in 1890 (ask Kermit, he was there), a good 20 years before John Browning introduced the M1911.

Well in any case, you and I will start the New Old American West!

That said, I don't really go for the old ones, especially the old GI model A1s. They've got really short sights and the flat grip isn't all that. Plus that long trigger pull. Get you a good series 70. They're fun to shoot.

I haven't shot many older pistols, just a 1911A1 and an assortment of my grandfather's and uncle's revolvers. I've been shooting a Springfield Operator for a few years now and always get excited aiming it down range. Thinking of getting something new though.

Swinging this back on target, if Bungie had called me up and said "Hey Blue, give us an obscure revolver for inspiration" I would have given them this. The Mateba Autorevolver. It's a recoil operated revolver. The barrel is aligned with the lower cylinder, which helps reduce muzzle flip. It's just the kind of creativity I like to see in my distopian future videogames.

I fell in love with the Mateba so many years ago while watching Ghost in the Shell. I'm sure there's plenty of likeminded fans at Bungie who probably remembered Togusa's weapon of choice. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread