Mind if I try to one-up you? (Destiny)

by Quirel, Friday, September 13, 2013, 20:15 (3877 days ago) @ bluerunner

Swinging this back on target, if Bungie had called me up and said "Hey Blue, give us an obscure revolver for inspiration" I would have given them this.

If we want REALLY obscure, we can go with the ugliest revolver ever put to mass production: The Dardick Tround Revolver, the only magazine-fed revolver that I know of.*

Yesh, I said "Magazine fed."

How about really, REALLY obscure? As in, "if you want to get an idea of how they worked, better go hunt down the patent" obscure? Because I'm talking about a 3-round burst, 4,900RPM assault rifle prototyped by General Electric. I can't find any images of it that I trust, so I'm just going to shrug and say that it probably was only ever a proof-of-concept.

*And, of course, a quick Google search shows other mag-fed revolvers out there. On one of my favorite sites, even.

The Mateba Autorevolver. It's a recoil operated revolver. The barrel is aligned with the lower cylinder, which helps reduce muzzle flip. It's just the kind of creativity I like to see in my distopian future videogames.

Oddly enough, this is the first time I've seen that model of Mateba.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread