Mark Noseworthy tackles the real issue on Twitter: (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, February 07, 2018, 21:42 (2267 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I don’t understand the “Lucasfilm is making too many Star Wars movies” concerns coming from people who gladly watch 10+ Marvel movies/series per year.

We haven’t begun to approach that level of saturation and even if we were, the SW universe is rich with mystery and character.

If anything, Marvel is rehashing or retelling stories that already exist while much of what we’re going to be getting with future Star Wars are all new characters and stories. So in that sense, it’s actually more novel and original.

This doesn’t mean I’m excited about every picture they announce, nor would I want to see it get to 5 movies a year, but it feels like a pretty big overreaction to the announcements of some future trilogies we have no release dates or details on whatsoever.

Having consumed a lot of the Legends and EU material I know I’m not super normal or mainstream in my desire for Star Wars content. But even those stories - while rarely amazing - give me a lot of hope there are endless places to go on the silver screen. Original or adaptations.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread