I saw that and loved it (Off-Topic)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 06:53 (2261 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm by no means a huge Star Wars expert, but I've read enough books and played enough games to recognize that the Star Wars universe has a nearly unlimited capacity for interesting stories. People can feel free to critique individual films all they want, when they come out, but just saying that having "too many" is automatically bad is nonsense.

Even in Marvel's case, the reason many of the movies feel samey (and I say that having enjoyed pretty much every one that I've seen) isn't just because there's a lot of them, it's because they intentionally stick to a formula that's been proven to succeed. So far I don't see a lot of danger of that in Star Wars. The original and prequel trilogies felt different from each other, obviously. The new trilogy started out being very reminiscent of the original but I think it's fair to say now that that was just to get people back into it - The Last Jedi certainly seems to be taking its own path now, whatever you may think of it. And Rogue one wasn't afraid to do its own thing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread