Somewhat relevant Strikes discussion (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Thursday, February 08, 2018, 20:05 (2269 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So, I find this all as interesting suggestions. Though I do think that with the root Strike experience (and your tentative expectation of how the community would handle it) anything that cuts it short is likely not the way to go.

I am interested in seeing more discussion regarding "heroic triggers" in Strikes. What if perhaps there are certain encounters that if you trigger you get a chest with some loot mid-Strike instead of just at the end? Mix that with periodic encounters with bosses through the Strikes (Omnigul also shows up a few times during her Strike) as being a more common thing - but don't have them get all their health back at the end - could lead to some very interesting strategies. You could even include triggers which make the end fight be different if they're under a certain health level.

Those were just some thoughts I had after reading your post. I do think it would be neat to see more things incorporated into Strikes to add layers to them, though I hold substantial fears about how the community at large would handle them.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread