Thank you guys for hosting! (Destiny)

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Saturday, March 03, 2018, 17:39 (2248 days ago) @ Beorn

Thank you Beorn and Mac for taking the time to guide us!
Thank you to those who led the other team too.
It was very helpful

I got to try out the laser crystal in the dogs / garden area. As Beorn and Kermit have pointed out it really does help to see the area, flowers, etc from up there. I am hoping I don't get so lost now when I am on the ground team.

I also got to run right side in baths. Nothing major as it is the same thing as left essentially, but was still nice to experience that side.

and last but not least, I ran the dreaded "right side" on Away Team / The Upside-Down / Shadow Realm. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but I owe a lot of thanks to BlueRunner and Beorn for that as their trials and misery running that side brought them to learn the "trick" to get by it.

I know not everyone has this issue, but for myself and many others I think when we first run a new role the biggest issue is nerves. The laser crystal sounded difficult after it was all first explained, and it felt overwhelming when we first started the round and I was up there and feeling a lot of pressure (from myself) to guide the ground team and not screw up (which I did screw up anyway for the first 2 rounds). But on the 3rd time it "clicked" and I realized like Mac and Beorn said, it's really not that bad once you 'get it'. I can't say I will feel confident up there if I do it again since I've only had the one experience, but I feel a lot better about it than before. And now that the initial panic is gone, I can relax and focus better.

It was also nice getting to meet and run with some other people from the community.
:)

p.s. Mac - the "half a Hunter" comment the other night was just meant to reference the fact that you don't run a Hunter as your primary. Nothing more. It was not meant to imply you were a weak player in any way :) You still played well and were a strong member of the team despite not being on your primary (and despite confusing Kermit for me in the baths. - I just realized how that sounds... heh) ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread