Ancient Earth Music, Ana Bray, and the Gods of Mars. (Destiny)

by Durandal, Wednesday, March 07, 2018, 12:36 (2240 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Hmm... now that you bring it up, maybe Felwinter’s Lie wasn’t his fake offer of peace to Citan but was instead his false name?? I’m pretty sure Felwinter’s SIVA-ed remains are one of the three Guardians we fight at the end of the Lords of Iron though... Along with Jolder... and someone else...<

We are not sure what his lie is, but we know he's connected to Rasputin, and had reason to believe he could get Rasputin to listen to him. I find it interesting that the Vanguard considered Rasputin to be dead, even if you had direct experience with Saladin and the Iron Lords of Rasputin's existence during the initial attempt on the Replication Chamber.

I'm unsure why Saladin kept that information from the Vanguard, and let them think Rasputin had perished. It does seem though that the Warmind networks destruction is precluded on their absence. While the Io bunker is clearly breached, it still seems somewhat operational, and we don't get down to the server chamber that should echo the one in the Voluspsa Protocol mission for Joyuse.

Rasputin's last transmission to all the Warminds caused them to go dark, so it may have been that command that created the impression that they were destroyed. The line "FENRIR HEART reports complete operational mortality." must be a reference to the military assets, not the leadership assets as most of my skimming of that phrase specifically refers to combat troops.

If Rasputin was playing possum, and commanded all other warminds to do the same, it is quite possible that a number could still be operational. The next question of course is why don't they reactivate now, with Rasputin back up and running?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread