Apertureing Destiny: Week 5 - Sword. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 10:48 (2394 days ago)
edited by Ragashingo, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 11:05

Another week or so, another Apertureing Destiny... or so! Last week, our Guardians found a variety of quiet places to Hideaway. This week, let’s be a bit more forceful.

This week’s topic is: Sword. Share a photo or video of your Guardian slicing and dicing.

Remember:

• Don’t worry too much about nailing a topic exactly. Go with your gut and give us something cool to see!
  • Want to just toss in something fitting with no context or explanation? That’s perfectly fine!
  • Want to describe your video or image, or link it up with a story of why you took it or what inspired it? That’d be awesome!
  • This is totally meant to be a DBO community driven event, so if you have a suggestion for a theme or topic toss it a reply and we’ll put it on a running list and get to it in short order.

I give you a pair of clips this week. One of my all time classics, and what I can only imagine is the bestest Sword spree ever in Destiny. (Prove me wrong.)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ragashingo/video/35647278

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ragashingo/video/45629749

Quickfang is always fun.

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 11:00 (2394 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I give you a pair of clips this week. On of my all time classics, and what I can only imagine is the bestest Sword spree ever in Destiny. (Prove me wrong.)

Well, that was quick. Bravo!

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 11:09 (2394 days ago) @ Xenos

- No text -

Crown-Splitter is fun too

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 11:20 (2394 days ago) @ Ragashingo

INdeed.

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Sunday, March 11, 2018, 16:00 (2393 days ago) @ Xenos

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Ragashingo/video/45425734

Quickfang is always fun.

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 15:20 (2394 days ago) @ Xenos

whoa! nice!

You know the music, here is the dance!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 12:07 (2394 days ago) @ Ragashingo

In October the sword was my go to for fun. Apparently so much so that effected my ability to care or even think about... "aiming" ...when I didn't have a sword. As the great and honorable scholar known as Lavernius Tucker once said; "What's there to understand about swish swish stab?"

Very Nice. :)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 12:35 (2394 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

- No text -

You know the music, here is the dance!

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 15:23 (2394 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

@INSANEdrive

I love how youre using a sword and Shaxx says:

"Your lead grows sharper"

:)

Aw man, I missed that! Intentional or not, that's great! XD

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 15:51 (2394 days ago) @ Dame117

- No text -

Apertureing Destiny: Week 5 - Sword.

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 15:19 (2394 days ago) @ Ragashingo

@Raga

I watched that first clip multiple times, I did not even know you could do THAT with the D1 swords!!

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 15:55 (2394 days ago) @ Dame117

@Raga

I watched that first clip multiple times, I did not even know you could do THAT with the D1 swords!!

You can block with all swords. D1 & D2. The ranged move however is an exotic perk on "Bolt-Caster".

It's as much fun as it looks. I miss it in D2. ;_;

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 17:48 (2394 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

@Raga

You can block with all swords. D1 & D2. The ranged move however is an exotic perk on "Bolt-Caster".

It's as much fun as it looks. I miss it in D2. ;_;

Indeed.

It took 5 ammo to sling a Arc disk that tracked slightly. On impact it would leave behind a Arc cloud that did a bit of area of effect damage. It was powerful enough to kill a Guardian if they didn’t react immediately and jump clear.

My best kill (which I no longer have the video for) was me jumping up to the structure behind B on Rusted Lands. Off over at the debris hill that cuts through the wall of C someone pinged me so I let loose a Arc attack from my Bolt-Caster then dropped back down into B. A second later the screen starts flashing with Arc hits like it does as the disk kills someone. An instant later I get a triple kill.

Another Classic

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, March 10, 2018, 17:51 (2394 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Was looking through my YouTube videos and found one of the most fantastic uses of a sword ever. I’m sure I’ve shown this before, but it kinda never gets old:

...also... yes... there is a stupid pumpkin on my head because I’d accidentally activated it earlier... :p

LOL, I was not expecting that! :)

by Dame117 @, Missouri, Sunday, March 11, 2018, 12:43 (2393 days ago) @ Ragashingo

- No text -

Paging Robot Chickens

by Oholiab @, Sunday, March 11, 2018, 20:46 (2393 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Robot is amazing with the invisibility+sword combo. I hope he posts some videos!

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread