So I've recently been playing on Xbone and... (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Monday, March 12, 2018, 16:58 (2237 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

This video rings so true for me. I honestly had to jump into a party to get some help figuring out how to navigate parties, since I didn't know how to manage the party that I was already in. And even Xbone vets were having a hard time getting to Deep Rock Galactic.
Mal, who has recently gotten into PS4, seems to be having the same issues from a different angle on that console (and the fact that Shadow of the Colossus was not featured anywhere on PSN on its launch day is a travesty). What ever happened to friendly UIs?

Though I may be a MSFT employee (and my thoughts any opinions don't reflect the company yadda yadda yadda), I personally feel that the Dashboard is the most user friendly its been in the Xbox One era to date. I have 0 problems navigating the party system at all.

I mean, now that I've figured it out, it's pretty good (except for the part where it doesn't go to the party itself once you've joined it, so you have to manually back out and go to the Multiplayer tab, then click on the Party slide to see if you've successfully joined, or if you're still stuck on Connecting). The fact that it was a submenu on the Multiplayer tab instead of the People tab (like it used to be) was what threw me off, and made it difficult for me to find, since there is no access to it from the home page, or any of its tabs, and since I was already in a Party, the Multiplayer tab read as more of an Invite page...

But like I said, now that I know, it's easy.
And yeah, I totally agree with your carefully worded statement that it's "the most user friendly its been in the Xbox One era to date".
Still pretty lousy UI, especially that one time this week that it wasn't letting me go to the Refresh button on the Activity feed, because it's not part of the grid, and videos weren't loading properly, so I couldn't drop down to them to head right then up...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread