So I've recently been playing on Xbone and... (Off-Topic)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, March 12, 2018, 23:51 (2208 days ago) @ Korny

your carefully worded statement that it's "the most user friendly its been in the Xbox One era to date".

That's definitely the key phrase. It's so much better than it originally was, it'd take me all day to list the improvements. And yet, I still think Microsoft's obsession with putting everything on those biq square-ish tiles that look like they belong on a touchscreen* is ill-advised. Things take up more space than they need to, I don't think it actually looks that attractive, and the only way to make things readable is to put huge gaps between the different item groups.

*They do belong on a touchscreen. This whole design language started with Windows 8's Metro interface, which was an unbelievable farce. The tablet craze was well into its stride, and MS apparently believed that if they made a touchscreen interface, ALL computing would immediately shift to tablets. So they made a touchscreen interface, and just sort of ignored the fact that keyboards and mice still existed.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread