ME: Andromeda (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Monday, April 02, 2018, 22:16 (2187 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yeah, the Architects are awesome fights. I totally did not expect them at all!

I didn't expect it either. It's a pretty easy fight, but it was still pretty neat. Definitely a cool follow up to the Trasher Maw from the OT.

As for the busy work. Yeah, it is... but, I thought it fit with the role of starting these colonies and with the role of being the Pathfinder / troubleshooter. While there are a lot of fetch missions, some missions do turn out to be more interesting and involved.

It does fit, it's just sort of . . . exhausting. I guess my biggest gripe is there's no easy way to tell which are going to pay. Like that one is starts as literally, hey, go place these things to tap underground water, and that ends in the Architect fight. One was finding research sites from a scientists from the first colony, and it's just some data pads that talk about how she thinks the Remnant tech can be used to help the planet. Like, yeah, I know, I already activated that shit like ten hours ago. I mean, it's still a neat little story.

I guess maybe if I was smart enough to pick up a bunch of the fetch missions at the same time rather than spending 30 minutes driving around the map to different waypoints, only to get back to the settlement to pick up another missions to have to spend another 30 minutes driving around the map to waypoints . . . I'm on my 3rd go around now!

And finally, definitely do all the squad loyalty missions. They are some of the best in the game and have that great ME2 / ME3 feel.

I did Cora's and Vera's and Drack's last time. I just never progressed the rest of them by the time I did the final mission, and after that happened I was pretty much just done playing the game. I'll definitely do them all this time.

I do like the way they progress in this game. They're all multi-stage quests that progress as you go through the game, rather than the single quest ordeals of the previous games. It really does make it feel like you're building a relationship with your crew a bit more.

Andromeda really does do a lot of things right, the more I get into it. It's a lot of really cool ideas and little stories. I think the biggest issue is that's exactly what it feels like . . . a bunch of cool ideas that didn't quite come together to form a complete game. ME2 and ME3 feel like really tight packages in comparison. Andromeda feels like it's like 90% there, and it's just missing something to bring everything together in the same way.

I'm having a blast playing it, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread