Super fun night (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 06:18 (2201 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Last night was a blast! MY microphone was on mute the whole night because A.) when I'm playing Crucible I often talk to myself and B.) allergies have my sniffing and coughing like crazy. I think the first thing I said all night was "thanks y'all, good night"

This was the first Crucible I've played in a long time and an even way longer time since playing with friends, it was a blast.

The game play also felt great. It's the first time I've really dug in since after the "go fast" update and there were so many things that felt different.

• SUPERS - Getting to use my super at least twice per game, (a couple of games I got it three times) felt so good. And it wasn't at a pace where everyone in the entire time got their super at the same time. There were still 3 times where I popped my golden gun and was killed mid animation.

• WEAPONS - I played around with different weapons. I started with a Scout and Uriels and was struggling. I eventually switched to Three Graves pulse rifle Masterwork, Null Calamity 9 vex auto and found a groove. I was dropping people with the pulse pretty quickly. Over the night I probably had 5-6 double kills...which is probably the same amount I had previously had over all of D2 crucible. This might be related to meta changes, oorr....

• 6v6 - It just felt better! It felt like a battle. There was enough stuff going on that you COULD go rogue and work flanks and do a lot of damage by yourself. I think with 4v4 it's too easy to keep track of everyone, thus everyone sticks together, thus teamshooting. With 6v6 there are so many combinations of teamwork that 1 could attack 3 and do major damage because your teammates are spread out enough to cover the blind spots. Yes this is still teamshooting...but indirectly.

So yeah. Recent updates are good and playing with friends is best.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread