Iron Banner Tonight XBOX (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 21:05 (2191 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

[image]

That was pretty fun. My favorite part was the second DBO vs. DBO match when the other team was having trouble hitting me because I was so fast and agile.

My one nitpick about the update (and I have played a few other matches of Crucible since it dropped) is that when you're at the upper reaches of mobility, say 7 and up, equipping MIDA Multi-tool doesn't feel like it increases your move speed much. I felt like it was bumping against a hard cap on move speed, and I felt that once or twice before last night, but things also tend to feel less fast over time so maybe it's in my head. Also some guns like the old reliable Scathelock seem to have been slightly left behind in the "raise all ships" procedure, but I don't know if I'd even give that nitpick status.

My one piece of advice for 6v6 Ironic Banter is bring a ranged weapon or two. They brought out all the bigger maps to accompany 12 people, so you're going to be seeing people a long way away, and you're going to want to be able to actually damage them.
I really liked how the Pleiades Corrector, Nameless Midnight, and Agenda 5 are playing right now (the Pleiades Corrector has always been really good but now it's awesome). Does Not Compute was surprisingly good for being a high-impact scout, those are usually slow enough to make it frustrating (or they were before the update, maybe one was afterwards), but DNC was just fast enough and plenty strong enough to make it feel like a good trade-off when used as intended.

Hope to do this again some time!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread