Is that not arguably better? (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 02, 2018, 19:05 (2238 days ago) @ cheapLEY

By giving you their blessing to write whatever you want and staying out of your way, they are making no effort to "smooth over" the truth. They may not be helping you out, but at the same time, they're also not trying to misrepresent anything that happened.

I don't know why they would misrepresent the stuff I want to as them about… most of that has to do with how this awesome thing in their awesome game came to be, or fun stories and the like.

I don't want to speak for Cody, but I got the impression that this was a book that was more about celebrating Bungie and telling their story, and not a "gotcha" of their dirty secrets.

Yes exactly! It's a celebration. Maybe too much. Someone told me that the detailed analysis of the Halo animation system vs Oni's was "not that exciting" :-p

But I have decided to cover Destiny, partially because Bungie themselves appear to be "smoothing over" the truth and rewriting history, and partly because a lot of what's been reported is 'almost' right. Close enough, but lacking some important context.

It's also a hugely important point for Bungie as a company.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread