Resonance stems not dropping (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Friday, June 08, 2018, 08:26 (2147 days ago) @ Malagate

Crazymoose117 can’t seem to get Resonance Stems to drop. He did a bunch of patrols and public events on Mars but did not get anything. He has three in his inventory.

Anyone else run into this? Is it a glitch?

Interestingly, he was getting Radiolarian (sp?) things after public events... on Mars. We decided to delete the lost prophecy tablet from his inventory, hoping that would solve the Resonance Stem issue. No dice.

I would guess glitch or some weird mission. Cause I was getting them easily all night.

It seems there is definitely something that actively determines what's in your drop pool, regardless of planet. I'd never seen any of the lost prophecy components other than raidolarian cultures drop for me until I started chasing them; and recently I was looking for paradox amplifiers but wasn't getting any. Hopped into Crucible on the off chance, and got EVERY component needed after the first game. I guess you could try switching activities.

~M

Radiolarian Cultures mostly drop in Public Events (any planet, if you actively need them). Paradox Amplifiers drop in Strikes, and Crucible. Hermaion Blossoms drop in Strikes (including Nightfalls) and Trials matches.

But that's not really the problem Crazymoose117 was having; I'm a little fuzzy, but I seem to remember if you've got the Nascent Dawn quest started, you have to get to a certain step for Stems to drop. (I have a vague recollection that when I started working on my second character, I skipped something - might have been something else, Nascent Dawn is just a guess - and I wasn't getting any stems for the first few public events I did, before I noticed.)

Wait... I think it might have been the story? I think you have to finish the story before they start to drop in other places. (The 3 he's got might have come from the story missions he DID do.)

Damn, I wish the trap were still steel. :(

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread