*SP* Speculation: (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 21:21 (2144 days ago) @ cheapLEY

After reading the reddit thread, they make a good case. We can only hope the story is that good.

I'd love to see Cayde-7 as a non-guardian, rezzed by rasputin, and acting as rasputin's mouthpiece/herald that we interact with in D3.

I hope Bungie’s not lying and he’s dead. Dead forever. If he comes back, we’re officially at the point where nothing that happens in the story means anything at all.

But will it mean anything anyway? Will his death change the other characters in a meaningful and permanent way? Or will everything continue on as normal like every other piece of story?

It's not enough to stay dead. The death has to be meaningful in the narrative, manifesting with actual change in characters and situations and register with them emotionally.

Also I do not know why the hell they would lead with this if it's true he stays dead. This makes me suspect that it will not in fact be meaningful as mentioned above even if it's permanent.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread