I'll be that guy (Gaming)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Friday, July 06, 2018, 12:22 (2121 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

I'm hopeful that the story with be 100% better than Destiny. The movement definitely doesn't look as fun, but I like the idea of the combo attacks and if they can keep the combat interesting by making me think about which abilities to use when that can add to the fun. That said, I still think it looks a lot like a me-too live game so I'm going to wait to see what people say after it releases.

This has been the thing I've always felt is missing from Destiny: Specific combos and standout effects from mixing attacks/powers across classes. That tactical force-multiplying factor from Mass Effect seems alive and well within Anthem, but consequently seems to slow the pace of combat a tad to set these interactions up, as well. Destiny's orb system has seemed rather generic in comparison; while all other elements of combat feel oriented towards preserving the breakneck pace of an experience like Warframe.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread