Destiny on Steam OS (Destiny)

by JDQuackers ⌂ @, McMurray, PA, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 09:04 (3866 days ago) @ kapowaz

This doesn't really answer the question, and it's at the heart of my guarded skepticism towards SteamOS.

To be honest, I didn't really understand what you were trying to ask originally, so I just gave a general answer to a few points made in this thread.

I don't need another piece of PC hardware to play PC games on a big TV in my living room; I already have the ideal setup for that in my study where my PC (well, Mac) lives, attached as it is directly to a keyboard and mouse. In the living room I'm going to be sat on the sofa, and immediately keyboard and mouse becomes a very poor way of interfacing with anything (we have the bluetooth Apple keyboard / trackpad for controlling the Mac mini hooked up to the TV as a media centre, but as good as those devices are, it's still far from ideal).

Agreed, but there is still more in store for this announcement. Tomorrow (about an hour from now) they will unveil the part 2 of 3. The cryptic symbols that were teased on that site were O, [O ], O + O. The "O" turned out to be SteamOS. The O "in a box" is speculated to be the actual "Steam Box" (ie, a box running SteamOS). The third part is speculated to either be a "Steam Controller" that would bridge the gap between keyboard/mouse and the couch experience, or some new kind of service (two O's working together--eh, who knows). And of course everyone is hoping that it's Half Life 3, but I don't think that's what the last symbol would be.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread