Destiny on Steam OS (Destiny)

by kapowaz, Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 10:19 (3866 days ago) @ JDQuackers

Agreed, but there is still more in store for this announcement. Tomorrow (about an hour from now) they will unveil the part 2 of 3. The cryptic symbols that were teased on that site were O, [O ], O + O. The "O" turned out to be SteamOS. The O "in a box" is speculated to be the actual "Steam Box" (ie, a box running SteamOS). The third part is speculated to either be a "Steam Controller" that would bridge the gap between keyboard/mouse and the couch experience, or some new kind of service (two O's working together--eh, who knows). And of course everyone is hoping that it's Half Life 3, but I don't think that's what the last symbol would be.

I've seen them, and I interpreted them as:

o = SteamOS
[o] = SteamBox (which runs SteamOS, naturally)
o+o = Steam + another software title (I don't usually fall into the frothing with excitement circle jerk, but this seems like as good a time as any to unveil Half-Life 3, particularly if it'll be, I dunno, a SteamBox launch title?)

I don't think they'd unveil the hardware but not the controller - if they did what exactly are they announcing? A pretty generic network-attached, x86 device running some mid-range PC graphics? Hardly worth a fanfare.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread