Thoughts on Prestige Eater of Worlds. (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 07:54 (2109 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I just want to chime in and voice my respectful dissent.

To be clear, pulse rifles are generally my least-preferred [traditional] primary weapon, and I really don't like SMGs all that much - especially in PvE. Oh and grenade launchers are stupid too.

But overall, I actually was kind of enjoying the challenge of dealing with both the crappy loadout, and the Arsenal modifier. It was definitely a major change of pace and philosophy from the way I usually play that encounter. I felt like I was using a pea shooter to try to kill everything, even the goblins. So overall, I'd say the major challenge is that we weren't able to kill things quite as fast as we normally do; and that's why I think you're actually misled into thinking that the enemy spawn rates were increased. I didn't notice any differences in the amount/type/location/timing of enemies spawning -- only that we often weren't done clearing a group before the next group appeared. But again, that's because my pulse rifle felt like a pea shooter and it takes that extra time to cycle through the weapons.

After about 2.5 hours from starting the raid lair, we beat the mines -- on what has become the standard "last attempt of the night". (Seriously, our lat 3-4 raids have probably ended with us beating the raid/encounter on "last call" after we've been struggling for 2 hours!)

Anyways, I totally get everything you said and think it's all perfectly reasonable to feel that way. But I ended up enjoying the mix-up and challenge to go way outside my comfort zone and figure out how to make a crappy loadout work.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread