It's $49.99 on XBox (Gaming)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Thursday, July 19, 2018, 10:45 (2108 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So, with all the updates, is it worth picking up? I'm interested now that it is coming to Xbox, but I'm afraid it won't hold interest for too long.

I honestly don’t know. I’m not sure what it’s going to be priced at on Xbox.

The Game page is already up here on XBox.com.

I liked the 15 or 20 hours I put into it at launch, and it looks like a much better game now. At launch it was a very basic survival game. It was relaxing to just explore planets and collect resources and fly around the galaxy. The seamless transition from walking around on a planet, launching a ship and flying in the atmosphere, and then leaving the planet is still impressive to me.

My 2 cents, I absolutely loved NMS on PS4 and it was one of the cooler low-impact exploration based experiences and I really felt like I got what they were going for at launch. It only got better with each update and I'm really looking forward to getting on my XB1X especially as one of my favorite activities is taking pictures of the beautiful vistas.

They’ve added base building and freighters, and now it looks like they’re expanding that and adding real multiplayer and third person mode. That’s all neat, but it looks like they worked on the landscape algorithms too. I’ve heard that, and the stuff in that trailer seems much better than anything I saw in the game at launch. It just looks more real somehow, more coherent, if that makes sense.

Seriously, it to me, is one of the true exploring games. In most cases, I literally CAN NOT know exactly what I'll find when I arrive somewhere.

I’m certainly more excited than I would have thought for this update, but I really can’t answer if it’s worth a buy.

It's worth a buy for me. I agree it's hard to say whether it's worth a buy for anyone. It's hard to recommend this relatively unique/odd experience as a general thing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread