Raid Difficulty is... Troubling (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 18, 2018, 14:29 (2037 days ago) @ digital_ronin

The artificial difficulty based on light level is one problem. I've only gotten one Eater of Worlds clear due to a dwindling player population just a month after launch, when those still playing in my clan were high enough level to clear the raid.

What platform are you on? You could always join DBO. We enjoy raids!

The fact that the people who actually cleared the raid used the prime engram exploit, the one thing Bungie was "punishing" people over is quite telling. It makes me wonder who the audience of this game really is? Is it an enthusiast like me or the hard core, content creators, and twitch viewers?

What is the prime engram exploit? It's a way to get lots of prime engrams? How is it done? Asking for a friend.

Raids are one of the unique things to Destiny. To slowly alienate a large portion of the enthusiast community to appease the content creators is a self defeating strategy. Eventually the casuals will leave, then the enthusiasts, and then content creators complain and leave because they have no audience.

I distinctly remember Luke Smith talking about how only 25% of people completed a raid in Destiny prior to Des2ny's release. They wanted that number higher. So why the change? Again, the solution is staring them right in the face: multiple light level difficulties!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread