Raid Encounter #3 *SP* (Destiny)

by Blackt1g3r @, Login is from an untrusted domain in MN, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 08:58 (2017 days ago) @ Chappy

Then again, I feel like this encounter actively encourages a one-phase strategy.

Agreed. I'd strongly recommend having a Titan with a Banner Shield; throw that up and fire your whispers through it for extra damage and protection from the axion darts. Five Whispers can melt since his crit spot is so large.

-Chappy

We tried that once, but it was before we were actually comfortable in getting to the damage phase with good time left, and we only had two or three Whispers at that point.

Does the Banner Shield provide enough of a buff to beat just having an extra Whisper? We were standing in a Well of Radiance every time.

Banner shield is 25%, so 5 people shooting through it is a little better than whatever he can put out alone. While the extra damage is nice, I think the real benefit is that it blocks the Axion Darts so no one needs to shoot those or worry about them - everyone other than the Titan can just focus on their damage output. If you've got a Warlock, definitely throw down a Well for more damage since they stack.

-Chappy

When we tried it previously we did _way_ less damage than if I just helped. That's likely to do with having fewer whispers and being at lower light levels. I think I was one of the higher light level players at the time. Also, I think it's kind of hard to block the darts. Might have just been a lag thing but they seemed to go straight through my shield mostly.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread