really digging it so far. (Destiny)

by electricpirate @, Wednesday, October 17, 2018, 10:42 (1990 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

What's your first impression? How many branches have you completed? Is that... thing... really invincible? Is this what the Forest should have been?

I matchmade in last night for a round and I got through 4. I appreciated that they built it around scaling enemy health, not just scaling LL. THat mad eit so even at 230 (with mask) light i could still get in there and do some work. Very nice and thoughtful bungie!

HOWEVER, whooo boy was I feeling the lack of kit. I'm still doing that level up via blues thing, so I have no mods, my weapons all are year 1 rares, missing good perks. The biggest hit are all my cooldowns. It takes roughly 2 years to get a super/grenade without an exotic that can generate that stuff, or armor to speed those up. I found myself saving my hammers for bosses so it slowed us down pretty bad in the enviroment.

Death penalty is really smart! You aren't totally reliant on your fireteam, but if you don't get revived you get pushed back to the start of the branch and it sssuuuucks.

the pacing is great! some other destiny "non mission" type activities can never find the right cadence. POE was a slog with tons of downtime. Strikes are often just a sparrow sprint to a boss etc. This has nice ups and downs. Take a breath-> sprint -> fight -> hunt down -> sprint -> fight -> lock in boss battle -> take a breath.

I don't think it would have the legs to be a permanent thing, it needs a couple more gears intersecting before I feel like ti could stand. But it's a lovely little thing that's perfect for a three week grind.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread