Thank You for the courteous reply! (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, November 30, 2018, 17:43 (1966 days ago) @ Achronos
edited by Pyromancy, Friday, November 30, 2018, 18:34

Sorry to be so forward
I know I'm barking up the wrong tree with this; do you have any ideas about why the Companion Application won't proceed with authentication through Captcha/ReCaptcha process and Sony credentials?

Is there a way to dig further into this with someone?

I'm out of the office right now, but I do know we're tracking an issue with Sony's authentication on a very particular version of IOS (10.3, i think?). I don't know if that's the issue you're talking about though.

In general, the help forum is the best place for reporting that kind of thing (specifically the subforum most relevant to your problem). Even if a response isn't made, it is seen, and we use that direct resources into investigating and solving problems.

(sorry for the late reply, I finally have some free time to post, had a busy week)

As the other guys have said, Thank You for the courteous reply!

Yes I reported it in the Bungie help forum in the subforum most relevant to my problem. I even opened a help ticket directly with Sony (#29862543)(despite repeated follow ups, Sony INSISTS Bungie has to fix their own 3rd party application even though it appears to maybe be a Sony sign-on portal issue?).
The issue is impacting iOS AND Android alike (I'm on Android) and this may be a systematic problem rather than a simple issue with a particular build of iOS, as it has been reported by many users of both different devices.

I reported this over a month ago and see no development with the problem and would like to follow up in some fashion, except there seems to be no path of recourse here. (I even tried emailing the email address listed on the contact page of the Android Application Store "bma_sup at bungiedotcom" it isn't even vaild and emails are undeliverable.)

Most respectfully, I'd like to try and escalate this issue while finding a way to co-opt a conjoined solution with both Bungie and Sony together.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread